So here is the evangelism idea inspired from that incident:
Kids love balloons! Use balloons to share God's Word!
* Roll up a tract, a printed or hand written scripture, and put it inside the balloon before you blow it up.
(What a fun activity for a youth or small group gathering!
These are not helium filled - just good old "hot air.")
* Use a permanent marker to draw big happy faces on the balloon.
* Put the balloons on strings or ribbons, (so you can handle a bunch at a time -- they do get frisky!)
* Take them to kids in the hospital, festivals, the local mall, or give them out in
"Walmart" parking lots!
* When giving the balloon say, "There's a special
message just for you inside the balloon!"
(Can't you just see yourself with a big bunch of colorful balloons and children running up to receive one ---- and a message from God's Word! I don't recommend turning them loose to bounce through parking lots - but I do have to wonder where the
"Holy Spirit" balloon ended up - and the response of who captured it!)
Joyfully Serving HIM,
Copyright 2012 Emmalea Butler
Stuffing more than one balloon with a message can be a bit time consuming.
However, by using a short piece of PVC pipe with an opening about the size of a water
faucet, the balloon slips over the pipe so you can easily insert the
tract into the balloon through the pipe.
My sister bought gospel color balloons to use. She is going to tie black ribbon on each balloon.
This also is good idea, as it can represent how sin ties us down!