Wear a long sleeve white sweat shirt and write offenses of sin labels,
tags or the like. Black irregular shaped paper with neon gel marker
writing - or chalk. Attach the labels with tape and stick them on
the shirt before class. Sins from the PAST go on the back of
the shirt - sins that could be happening in the PRESENT on the
- Explain to the children that the only way we can be clean
of our sins is to ask Christ to forgive us. If we do not - we
"wear" our sins at all times.
- Show that you can put a jacket on top of the shirt - or blanket
etc., BUT the sins are still there. Others may not see our
sins at first - but they are still there.
- Have an assistant help by reading and explaining the
SINS as you turn slowly.
- Ask the children to raise their hand when they can identify
a "sin" for which they have been guilty.
- Thank them for their honesty and lead them in a short prayer for
each sin that is confessed.
- Instruct the child to take any action necessary to right a wrong
(going to one they have offended, making restitution, etc.)
- Remove the label from the shirt and destroy it.
- Point out how much nicer the clean white shirt is looking.
- Carrying the burden of sin can get in the way of others
seeing the difference we have with Christ in our hearts.
- With unconfessed sin can you feel really clean and close to
- With unconfessed sin in our lives, can we really be an excellent
example of the Christian that Christ wants us to be?