6) When someone has hurt you or offended you, what is your natural response?
7) How is it possible to respond in love, rather than to ‘get even’?
8) There is only one way to get to Heaven. Jesus said in John 14:6. “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” Read Matthew 7:13-14, and fill in the blanks below:
“Enter ___________ the narrow __________. For __________ is the gate and ___________ is the_________ that leads to__ ________ and many __________ __________ it. But _________ is the_________ and ___________ the road that __________ to life, and __________ a few __________ it.” In your own words, recap what you think this means.
9) Think of a time when someone has offended you. If you responded in love, tell about that experience. If you didn’t, what could you have done instead?
10) The first four books of the New Testament are ________________, ____________, ___________, and ___________. They are also known as the four Gospels. What do you think the word ‘gospel’ means?
11) Why do you think Jesus wants us to respond in love, rather than to ‘get even’?
12) Read Romans 5:8-10. Answer by circling true or false:
a) At one time or another, God considered you his enemy. True or False?
b) While we are still sinners, Christ died for you. True or False?
c) You’ve been made right in God by the words of Jesus. True or False?
d) Jesus has made you right with God. True or False?
13) Why might you want to turn an enemy into a friend?
14) 1 John 3:16-18 is our theme verse for the month of June. Read this passage again and tell how we know what
is true love?