21) Father into your hands I commend my spirit. (Luke 23:46)
We need to give up our individuality and be one with the father just as
Christ was one with the Father. We need to give up our spirit to him.
22) Not my will but yours be done. (Mathew 26:34)
God doesn’t want shares in your life. He wants controlling interest.
23) How wonderful it is, how pleasant for Gods people to live together
in harmony. (Psalm 133:1)
It is said in the bible that they will know we are Christians by our love.
And when we live in harmony with people around us then they will know we have
been with Christ.
24) I am the good shepherd, who is willing to die for the sheep. As the
Father knows me and I know the Father, I know my sheep and they know me. (John
If God is your co-pilot, swap seats. Let him be your driver.
25) The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want (Psalm23: 1)
As David said, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of
heath, I will fear no evil for thou are with me thy rod and thy staff shall
comfort me. Do we have that kind of confidence in our Lord to shepherd us
through the unknown tomorrows.
26) We who are strong in faith ought to help the weak to carry their
burdens. We should not please ourselves. Instead we should all please our
brothers for their own good in order to build them up in Faith. (Romans
27) Love your neighbor as yourself. (Galatians 5:14)
28) Do your best to preserve the unity, which the spirit gives be means
of the peace that binds you together. (Ephesians 4:3)
29) He is the head of the body, the Church (Colossians 1:18)
Christ who is the head of the church gave up his life for his bride. In
return we need to love him and be rooted in him. Like the tree that is planted
in good soil and draws nourishing sap from it we need to be rooted in Christ
and he should be source of our strength.
30) All of you are Christ’s body and each one of you is a part of it.
(1 Corinthians12: 27)
Being a part of his holy body we cannot continue to live our own lives. We
need to submit to his will and live the way he wants us to.
31) Let us not give up the habit of meeting together as some did.
Instead let us encourage one another all the more since you see that the Day
of the Lord is coming near (Hebrew 10:25)
In order to have trust between a group they need to be familiar with each
other and build a trusting relationship, which needs that, they meet
regularly. In this game we might not have needed a lot of trust to hold the
other persons hand but if we looked at life and in Christian group we share a
lot of things, which is possible only through trusting each other. Don’t
wait for 6 strong men to carry you to Church
32) They said, “Now let us build a city with a tower that reaches the
sky, so that we can make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over all
the earth.” (Genesis 11:4)
The reason I had put this there is to show that we could have unity but
unless we had this unity in Christ we would be scattered like the people who
were trying to build the tower of Babel. Does it have any significance today,
of course? We have seen a lot of false prophets and cults in the past and they
would have a group with unity but it was not rooted in Christ. We know that
most of these cults had a very horrible end. Jesus said, “I am the gate,
no one comes to the Father but through me (John 10:9)
33) For the cloud of the Lord was upon the tabernacle by day and fire by
night, in sight of all the house of Israel, throughout their journey. (Exodus
When the children of God are walking through the deserts in life God does
not forsake us in spite of our complaints. He guides us as a cloud during
the day and a pillar of fire during the night.
34) I will be with thee; I will not fail thee nor forsake thee. (Joshua
Jesus repeated this assurance that he would be with us even until the ends
of the earth.
35) The lord says “ I will teach you the way you should go, I will
instruct you and advise you.” (Psalm 32:8)
When we are submitted to Christ we do not have to worry about our own
abilities, as God doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called. He
does not look at our ability He looks at our availability. He assures us
that He will lead us and guide us through life’s thorny path, isn’t it
36) To you alone O Lord and not us must glory be given because of your
constant love and faithfulness? (Psalm 115:1)
When we run the race and things are hard we usually say Lord why me?? But
when things are going right do we ever give Him the credit due His name, Don’t
we just say, boy this must be me. We need to be grateful for all the gifts
that he has so graciously given us undeserving people. Like Paul says “ Whoever
wants to boast must boast of what the Lord has done.”(2 Corinthians 11:17)
37) It is better to trust in the Lord than to depend on man/human
leaders (Psalm 118:8)
If god is for us who cannot be against us. (Romans 8:31). When Peter and
John were asked not to speak for Christ they said, “You yourselves judge
which is right in God’s sight- to obey you or obey God” (Acts 4: 19)
38) You created every part of me; you put me together in my mother’s
womb. You saw me before I was born. The days allotted to me had been recorded
in your book before any of them began. (Psalm 139:13,16)
David sings that the Lord God knew his past and future even before he was
born. Is it that hard to rely on this awesome God who knows so much about us
and who has carved us on the palm of his hand.
39) Love the lord with all of thy heart, with all your mind and with all
your strength and Love thy neighbor as thyself (Mathew22: 37,39)
The Lord had summed up all the commandments into 2.Both are based on love,
for God is love. Not the kind that has lost in meaning when we say I fell in
love and a couple of days later you get up to fall in love with someone else.
His love is unchanging, unconditional, agape love.
40) I cannot talk with you much longer because the ruler of the world is
coming. He has no power over me but the world must know that I love the Father
that is why I do everything He commands me to do. (John 14:30,31)
Jesus willingly let the Devil afflict him in spite of knowing that he has
no power over him. Nowadays we do not want someone to be having power over us.
Jesus said that He wanted everyone to know that He loves His Father hence he
does what he says. Jesus has also told us that if we love him we need to keep
the commandments that He gave us. Are we willing to keep His commands. Do we
love Him enough?
41) When one blind man leadeth another both fall into a ditch. (Mathew
If we are relying on earthly friends to lead us through unknown pathways
the end will be as it is said in the verse. We have an eternal friend in
Jesus, He knows our tomorrows. Let us follow Him. He will lead us safely
through life’s troubles. We set the sail; He makes the wind